SIA (Spinal Injuries Association) “Lifestyle & Expo” Day >>>
SIA Disability EXPO >>>>
The Innovations Expo is being held this Saturday 31st May from 10am to 1pm at the Spinal Injuries Australia Ltd office in Woolloongabba. We would love to see you there. Here is a list of some of the exciting items that will be on display:
· Maserati with remote accelerator, modified caravan that drops down for easy access, modified truck with wymo hoist, modified boat with hoist and access ramp, modified Segway, modified vehicle featuring voice activated indicators and headlights and a modified tool van.
· Exoskeleton demonstration, chin controlled remote control cars, modified trike, how to hook up an iPhone charger to your powerchair
· Levo stand up powerchair, Quickie 2M7 , TDX side, FDW Otto Bock B500
· Latest Smart drive power assist, Emotions, Twions, ZX1, Servos, and Ottobock scout crawler,
· Force CC Handcycle, Handy Pacific Handcycle ZX1 and beach wheelchair
· Free Wheel , Standing Frame, MOTOmed and stair climber
· Easy access mini lift “The Beast”
· JACO Bionic arm
Saturday was a pleasure to help with the Spinal Injuries Association lifestyle , education & expo day , where people with a vast array of disabilities came together to hear what’s new , what’s coming and see what is available :-):-)
What a great day, varied disabilities coming together and sharing, I was honored to give 2 presentations on “Exoskeleton Technology” & the Fad “FLY BY WIRE” hand controls. If you haven’t yet had a look at the race and track posts pls do, you can see in one video just how easy it is to drive with these hand controls , under the microscope where a millimetre can be the difference between crashing and not … This new technology is going to change the way we (disabled people) all connect with our car , I’m sure in 10 years ??
This will be the only to go ! If it’s that easy at speeds in excess of 160kms, imagine how easy it is on the road day to day :-):-)
Here are some images from the expo day , a lot of great inventions and initiatives to help people with disabilities improve the quality of their life :-):-)
What a GR8 Day , THANKS SIA :-):-)